Authority Check Trace
Often it is difficult to say, which authority objects are necessary for certain processes in SAP. To avoid too many authorities for technical users in a productive system, follow the steps below to assign only the necessary authority objects:
- Create an authority check trace in your test system.
- Create a profile that contains only the necessary objects.
- Assign the profile to the CPIC user.
Attention! The steps described below can only be performed together with your system administrator.
- Go to transaction ST01.
- Check 'Authorization Check’
- Save the setting with the save button.
- Turn on the trace with the button on the upper left.
- Perform all processes you need in your sub system - Xtract Tools, ERPConnect etc.
- Make sure not to leave tracing on for a long period of time since it may decrease performance.
- Go back to transaction ST01 and turn off the tracing.
- Click on 'Analysis'.
- Set the filter to the user you used for the RFC processes and set the filter for time and date.
- Press F8: The list contains all used authority objects (green lines).