Error when calling a Function Module or BAPI
When calling a Function Module (FM) or BAPI no error or no value is returned.
This could have many reasons. Here are some of them:
- No leading zeroes in FM Import Parameters
- Date Format is wrong
- Missing Parameter
- BAPI needs Commit
- No authority to run FM
- Fill in the values with leading zeroes. E.g. MATNR (18 Chars). Wrong: 424642456. Correct: 000000000424642456.
- Date Format must be in the SAP internal format. Wrong : 13.01.2014. Correct: 20140113.
- Some BAPIs need a Commit after the call to finish the execution of the BAPI: You can find an example in the Knowledge Base Article Post Goods Movement.
- Check if you have the authority to run this FM. Some FM in SAP return no error message after a not successful authority check.
We recommend also first to run the FM/BAPI in SAP in the T-CODE SE37 to check the needed parameters with the same user as in the .NET Code. But leading zeroes and other formats are not considered in the SE37.